Why Innovation Challenge
It’s pretty simple really. Innovation Challenge is awesome. Here’s the pitch:
Innovation Challenge is a national idea competition hosted by NDSU. It helps students learn essential skills of creativity, problem solving, public speaking, and collaboration. Participants bring an idea, receive mentorship and training, and share their final product with the entire state on Innovation Day – November 19th, with over $21,000 in cash and prizes going to participants.
Innovation Challenge is open to all high school, undergraduate and graduate students from anywhere in the country. Teams compete in the social impact, graduate research, or entrepreneurship tracks. Bottom line, bring your idea, join an idea, or make it up as you go and learn oodles of information from local business leaders who want to see you succeed.
- September 22nd at 5:30 p.m. – Launch Night – Outside Memorial Union
- Create idea, find teammates, learn more about Innovation Challenge
- October 6th at 6 p.m. – Bootcamp 1 – Online
- Identify your customers and clarify your value proposition
- October 20th at 6 p.m. – Bootcamp 2 – Online
- Build your business model and practice your pitch
- October 27th – Applications Due
- Forms can be submitted here starting October 1st.
- October 29th at 3 p.m. – Project Showcase – Online
- Share your idea with judges in order to move to the finals.
- November 17th at 6 p.m. – Bootcamp 3 – Online
- Build your presentation for the finals and update your financials
- November 19th at 3 p.m. – Virtual Showcase – Online
- Join us for North Dakota Innovation Day where you share your pitch for a chance to win
Learn More and Register
Take advantage of all the free advice, workshops, and resources we have available to make that mission a reality. Fill out the form below for updates on Innovation Challenge.