How Might We Create an Anti-Racist Campus?
Support Diversity & Increase Equity Across the NDSU Campus
Over the past few months, long overdue conversations about inequality and racism have begun to take place across the globe. In our pursuit of entrepreneurship for all, which can only happen if there is first equitable treatment of all, The Nice Center is inviting dialogue and solution-seeking on the NDSU campus.
NDSU’s Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy reads:
North Dakota State University is fully committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action in alignment with its values and in compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and policies.
But, how are we actually doing in practice? And what’s the day-to-day experience like for our underrepresented students? We’re not just throwing these questions out to the internet. We want to know.
In a collaborative, fast-paced workshop setting, NiceX: Equity participants will explore the following questions:
- How might we create more opportunities for underrepresented students to connect and lead on campus?
- How might we build programming or frameworks that can be adopted at universities across the country?
- How might we celebrate and welcome diversity on campus?
- How might we increase equity across campus?
Individuals and/or teams with the most compelling solutions will be provided with resources, mentorship, and support from The Nice Center to bring their ideas to life on campus and in our community.
- WHEN: October 3, 2020. 9:30am – 12:30pm
- WHERE: Zoom
- WHO: All are welcome