Announcing Nice Corps – We’re Hiring
Six recent grads will work to bring entrepreneurship to high schools across ND this July to November. Apply. All are welcome.
Launching Nice Corps
At The Nice Center, our moonshot is to introduce entrepreneurship to 95% of ND students by 2025. To help us get there, we want to create Peace Corps for entrepreneurship. We call it, Nice Corps.
Details About the Nice Corps
Nice Corps members will be recent graduates, from anywhere around the country, who work (and be paid!) full time from the end of July to the end of November. They will be located throughout the state of ND and will work with local high schools in their region.
They don’t need specific entrepreneurial training – we’ll help them with that – but they do need energy, a spirt of connection, and be excited about helping students launch ideas. We will help them use the Nice Corps experience to find and prepare for their next adventure as well, through professional development and networking.
What Nice Corps Fellows Will Do
- Share information about The Nice Center’s offerings
- Facilitate core programming for students and community members
- Serve as a brand ambassador for The Nice Center
- Connect The Nice Center’s resources with local stakeholders
- Gather and share local insights and needs to inform future programming efforts
Who We’re Looking For
We’re focused on assembling a team with diverse perspectives and experience. Specifically, we’ll be looking for demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Leadership: Leads by example and is a role model to others. Makes time for and pays attention to individual concerns. Guides the performance and development of others through empowerment.
- Collaboration: Demonstrates ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others who can provide information, assistance and support to meet mutual goals and objectives. Looks for opportunities to work cooperatively.
- Personal Effectiveness: Exhibits a bias for action. Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results to required standards. Displays motivation, commitment, perseverance, integrity and acts in an ethical way.
Scope of Work
Each Fellow will serve a multi-county region and support between 25-30 schools for four months. Based in their region, Fellows will be remotely supported by The Nice Center.
Applications are now open and will be considered as soon as received. Nice Corps Fellows will be announced in May and work will begin on July 19. The position will wrap up November 23.