The Nice Center at North Dakota State University is an entrepreneurship center. Our mission is entrepreneurship for all.
We pursue this goal by teaching, training, and supporting students, faculty and community members. As a land-grant institution, our role is to serve the entire state of North Dakota, which is why we are here to serve North Dakotan entrepreneurs, no matter their age.
At the Nice Center, we believe the most successful entrepreneurs are those who learn and lead with empathy. By understanding the problems and pain-points of others they can create world-changing solutions, which all begins by being nice.
Nice Faculty Fellows
Entrepreneurship is not owned by the College of Business; it should be across campus and the community. It also should not be limited to the idea of launching a business and making money. It can include innovation and creativity, as well. That’s why we rallied together the Nice Faculty Fellows: to integrate innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship into courses and research.
Nice Community Fellows
Fargo-Moorhead is a place where entrepreneurship thrives because dozens of community members make it their mission to build out the ecosystem and mentor new entrepreneurs. These Nice Community Fellows support entrepreneurial initiatives, create events, and are dedicated to our mission of making entrepreneurship for all.
Previous Faculty Fellows
- Carrie Anne Platt – Communication (Meet Carrie)
- Chad Ulven – Mechanical Engineering (Meet Chad)
- Yang Song – Landscape Architecture (Meet Yang)
- Achintya Bezbaruah – Civil Engineering (Meet Achintya)
- Tim Peterson – Management (Meet Tim)
- Ranjani Ganesh-Pillai – Marketing (Meet Ranjani)
- Michael Strand – Visual Arts & Architecture (Meet Michael)
- Kyle Vanderburg – Music (Meet Kyle)
- Jeremy Jackson – Agribusiness & Economics (Meet Jeremy)
- Fardad Azarmi – Mechanical Engineering (Meet Fardad)
- Elizabeth Crawford – Communication & Advertising (Meet Elizabeth)
- David Crutchfield – Architecture (Meet David)
- Angela Smith – History (Meet Angela)
2019 Inaugural Nice Student Fellows
Our inaugural Nice Student Fellows hailed from a variety of education backgrounds and had distinct visions for their futures, but all shared a belief in the power of entrepreneurship to make positive change in our world.